Classes and Events - Mother Baby Hour
Mother Baby Hour is a time for moms and their babies to get together to ask questions, express concerns, learn about resources and share stories. A Registered Nurse/Community Educator facilitates the groups and offers a weekly topic. Join us as early as the first week after your baby is born!
"Mother Baby hour helped me get through the tough days and positively helped me gain confidence in myself as a new mom."
"Mother Baby Hour is a safe place to share the joys, fears and hard work of being a parent. It has been a great source of comfort to me."
0 - 3 Months
Tuesdays 1-2 p.m. OR Thursdays 1-2 p.m. Sign up & see this week's schedule!
- Time Management for New Parents
- Worries, Forgetfulness and Depression
- Fussy Times
- Immunizations. Ouch!
- Nighttime Parenting
- Traveling with Baby & Car Seat Check-Up
- Changing Relationships
- Feeding Concerns
- Taking Care of Mom
- Birth Stories
- Returning to Work/ Finding Childcare
- Pelvic Health and Intimacy
3 - 6 Months
Thursdays 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. Sign up & see this week's schedule! ($60 for 12 visits)
- Finding and Grooming a Babysitter - Places to Go with Baby Besides the Mall
- Introducing Solids
- Sign Language for Baby
- MBH Favorites
- Playful Activities
- Infant See
- Medicine Safety
- Musical Baby
- Living with Less Income and More Expenses
- Teething and Illness
- Let's Do Lunch
6 - 9 Months
Tuesdays 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. Sign up & see this week's schedule! ($60 for 12 visits)
- Is Anybody Getting Any Sleep Yet?
- Read to Me!
- Baby's Growth and Language Development
- Music with Baby
- Keeping Baby Safe at Home and in Public Places
- Exercise and Body Image
- Baby's Self-Esteem and Behavior
- Read to Me!
- Cereal to Finger Foods
- Planning Another Baby (or Not!)
- Baby's Day – (What Routine?)
- Weaning: When and How
If you have insurance through Physicians Plus Insurance Corporation, Unity Health Plan or GHC, you may be eligible for reimbursement of the costs associated with attending the 3-6 month and 6-9 month series. For more information, visit your insurance carrier's website.
Meriter Business Center
2650 Novation Parkway
Madison, WI 53713