UnityPoint Health - Meriter & UW-Madison Partnership
The Partnership allows either UnityPoint Health - Meriter IRB or UW-Madison Health Sciences IRB to serve as the IRB of record for research conducted at both institutions by a UW-affiliated researcher. The partnership means that after one of the institutions defers IRB oversight to the other, the researcher reports to only the IRB of oversight for the life of the research.
Steps for Meriter as IRB of Record:
- Request an account in the online submission software.
- Make sure you have completed the mandatory training on human subjects protection.
- E-mail your training completion transcript to the Meriter IRB Office.
- Complete a Study Application.
- You will need to attach the following documents to your study application.
- Meriter consent form (if applicable).
- Meriter HIPAA form or HIPPA Waiver of Authorization form (if applicable).
- You may also need to attach other documents depending on your study.
Find all of the above and more at Supplemental Forms for Researchers