High-Risk Perinatal Clinic
The High-Risk Perinatal Clinic is a comprehensive, patient-focused clinic that provides prenatal care to the mother and unborn baby in a pregnancy complicated by maternal and/or fetal concerns. We utilize a one-room model of care to combine the best in specialized prenatal medical care and advanced technologies to care for the pregnant woman. Our clinic is staffed by Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) specialist and Fellows from UW Health. Our interdisciplinary team of specialists will assess, diagnose and treat your condition, giving your baby the best possible start in life.
- Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) Specialist – Also known as a Perinatologist, provide the overall medical management for the pregnant woman. MFM specialists are obstetricians/gynecologist (Ob/GYN) with specialized training to care for high risk pregnancies.
- Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) Fellow – Provides clinical care under the supervision of the MFM specialist. He or she is an Ob/GYN in the process of completing a three year fellowship through the University of Wisconsin.
- Genetic Counselors – Provides education and follow up for screening and diagnostic testing as well as genetic consultations for fetal concerns.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) – Provides specialized care coordination for families with a high risk pregnancy due to maternal or fetal concerns.
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) – Provides coordination of the Meriter Diabetes Self-Management Education Program.
- Registered Dietitian (RD) - Provides nutrition support and education.
- High Risk Registered Nurse (RN)– Provide clinical support within the High Risk Clinic.
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) – Performs ultrasounds in the Prenatal Diagnostic Center. They have received specialized training for prenatal ultrasounds.
- Medical Assistant (MA) – Provides support to the providers during the clinic visits and ultrasounds.
- Social Worker – Provides resources for patients needing social services.
- Health Unit Coordinator – Provide scheduling and secretarial support to the Center.
- Students and Trainees – We are dedicated to the training of the next generation of health care providers and are proud to be a training site for MFM Fellows, Ob/GYN residents, radiology residents, as well as students from nursing, genetic counseling and ultrasound. One of these students may be involved in your care in coordination with one of our experienced staff.