Friends 4 Friends Program
A Community Partnership Program of Friends of Meriter
What is Friends 4 Friends?
Friends 4 Friends is a program that supports UnityPoint Health - Meriter employees, volunteers and physicians in their volunteer activities outside UnityPoint Health - Meriter. Support, in this case, means providing financial gifts to Non-Profit Organizations and projects that improve the health and well-being of our community.
What Type of Awards Are Available?
Friends 4 Friends will grant financial gifts ranging from $150-$400 to eligible non-profit organizations once each calendar year. Applications require information about the organization, its goals, specific use of the monetary gift and the volunteer’s individual involvement. Applications are evaluated quickly, and results are shared in a timely fashion.
What Standards Will the Friends 4 Friends Committee Use?
Friends 4 Friends will only evaluate organizations and programs that:
- Benefit communities in which UnityPoint Health - Meriter employees, volunteers and physicians live and work.
- Have Meriter employees, volunteers and physicians involved as volunteers.
- Can articulate a specific service that will be provided. Friends 4 Friends does not provide general operating expenses.
- The request must be for a federally tax exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Which Organizations Are Not Eligible?
Friends 4 Friends will not give gifts to:
- Organizations without IRS non-profit status.
- Political parties, candidates or campaigns.
- Fund religious programs that are not community focused.
- Organizations that conflict with UnityPoint Health - Meriter's goals and values.
- Purchase tickets or items for fund-raising events.
- Endowment funds.
- Matching gift donations.
- National programs.
- Benefit tickets or courtesy advertising.
- Organizations that receive a major portion of their funding from government sources.
- Capital campaigns.
- General operating support.
- Duplicate requests for the same organization or project in the same calendar year.
- School related athletic events.
- Professional associations.
- Animal rescue/protection organizations (with the exception of service animals).
Interested in Applying for a Gift?
If you are a UnityPoint Health - Meriter employee, volunteer or physician and are involved with a non-profit organization that improves the health and well-being of our community, Friends of Meriter encourages you to apply for a Friends 4 Friends gift. Please fill out the questions on this page. Note that Friends of Meriter has the right to approve or disapprove all funding requests.
If you would like to send any supporting materials, please send them to: Volunteer Services/Friends of Meriter, UnityPoint Health - Meriter, 202 S. Park Street, Madison, WI 53715. Please note which gift request they relate to.