With the generous support of donors like you, UnityPoint Health – Meriter continues to enhance and expand care for women and infants in our community. More families choose Meriter for their birth experience than any other hospital in south central Wisconsin. Combining the best in medical care, technology and clinical research, we are equipped to care for a variety of complications that an expectant mother or newborn may encounter.
The full range of patient care begins in the Center for Perinatal Care, where a multidisciplinary-team approach provides for a full range of complex medical conditions that affect the mother and fetus. The Birthing Center is an advanced tertiary care center for maternal and newborn patients, and the Newborn Intensive Care Unit is equipped to care for high-risk and critically ill infants. We work closely with our colleagues in obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology from the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, bringing together the best in perinatal care, technology and clinical research with all the benefits of care in a community hospital.
Center for Perinatal Care
- High-Risk Perinatal Care - care plans for high-risk pregnancies.
- Diabetes in Pregnancy Program - diabetes education and management before, during and after pregnancy.
- Prenatal Diagnostic Center - advanced fetal ultrasounds, screening and diagnostic testing, and fetal care coordination.
- Genetic Counseling - guided discussions about testing options and potential risks.
- Perinatal Palliative Care - care and compassion during the difficult times of pregnancy and infant loss.
As a community hospital, Meriter has cared for generations of mothers and infants. We work hard to anticipate and meet the changing needs of our patients. A gift today will make a difference for expectant mothers facing the uncertainty of a high-risk pregnancy and help us offer the highest level of care to the thousands of mothers and babies who depend on Meriter every year.