We offer a full spectrum of treatments for painful elbows - from physical therapy to traditional and advanced surgical options. Your elbow is made up of bone, cartilage, ligaments and fluid. Muscles and tendons help the elbow joint move. Elbow problems occur when any of these structures are hurt or diseased. The expert orthopedic surgeons at UnityPoint Health - Meriter will take the time to accurately diagnose your condition and offer innovative solutions.
Please Contact An Orthopedic Surgeon If:
- You have a prolonged case of tendinitis that doesn't improve with initial treatment
- Pain is due to an elbow injury
- There is an obvious deformity
- You are unable to use the elbow
- You have fever or swelling and redness of your elbow
To Avoid Elbow Injuries:
- Don't carry objects that are too heavy
- Be careful and avoid falls
- Stretch and properly warm up before starting physical activity
- Prevent accidents that would hurt your elbows. Don't stand on moving or unsteady objects.
- Eat a balanced diet that makes your bones strong
- Consider taking Vitamin D and Calcium supplements to make your bones stronger
- Take note of your sleeping habits. Avoid sleeping with your elbow bent under your head or sleeping with your hands under your head.