Clinical research is a vital component of today's ever-evolving healthcare field, allowing physicians and providers to break new ground and giving patients new alternatives to lifesaving treatment options. UnityPoint Health – Meriter regularly participates in clinical research — giving us the opportunity to test the safety and effectiveness of new treatments such as medicines, medical procedures and devices.
Patients volunteer to participate in clinical research because they hope it will benefit them and because they want to contribute to a research effort that helps patients in the future. Whether the outcome of clinical research is beneficial or disappointing, patients involved in clinical research are helping to find new and better treatments.
If you are interested in learning more about a specific research project, please contact the person listed.
Heart & Vascular
- Adventrx - A Phase 2 Randomized, Double Blind, Study to Evaluate the Safety, Efficacy, and Pharmacokinetics of Vepoloxamer Injection, 22.5% (Sodium Free) in Ambulatory Subjects with Chronic Heart Failure
- AMGEN 18 - A Double-blind, Randomized, Placebo and Ezetimibe Controlled, Multicenter Study to Evaluate Safety, Tolerability and Efficacy of AMG 145 on LDL-C in Combination With Statin Therapy in Subjects With Primary Hypercholesterole
- BEST-CLI - Randomized, Multicenter, Controlled Trial to Compare Best Endovascular versus Best Surgical Therapy in Patients with Critical Limb Ischemia
- CANTOS - A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, event-driven trial of quarterly subcutaneous canakinumab in the prevention of recurrent cardiovascular events among stable post-myocardial patients
- DECLARE TIMI 58 - Dapagliflozin Effect on Cardiovascular Events
- EUCLID - Examining Use of TiCagreLor In peripheral artery Disease
- EXPRESSGRAFT - An Open-Label, Prospective, Multicenter, Safety, and Tolerability Study of Expressgraft-C9T1 Skin Tissue in the Treatment of Diabetic Foot Ulcers.
- Harmony - A long term, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study to determine the effect of albiglutide, when added to standard bold glucode lowering therapies, on major cardiovascular events in patients with type two diabetes mellitus.
- Heart - A Phase 2, Multi-Center, Open-Label, Ascending Dose Study on the Efficacy, Safety and Tolerability of Perhexiline in Patients with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy and Moderate to Severe Heart Failure with Preserved Left Ventricular Function.
- LSS 4-Site - The Longitudinal Surveillance Study of the 4-SITE
- PROMUS - Element Plus US Post-Approval Study
- REVEAL - Randomized Evaluation of the Effects of Anacetrapib through Lipid Modification
- SAFE-DBC - A Prospective, Multicenter, Single Arm, Real-World Registry Assessing the Clinical Use of the Lutonix® 035 Drug Coated Balloon Catheter in Arteries of the Superficial Femoral Artery (SFA) and Popliteal Artery (PA)
- VOYAGER - Vascular Outcomes study of Asa along with rivaroxaban in Endovascular or surgical limb Revascularization for peripheral artery disease (PAD)
Ear, Nose & Throat
- ELLIOT - A Randomized Clinical Study of Safety of Efficacy for the Eustachian Tube Balloon Catheter.
Women's Health, including Maternal, Prenatal Health and Newborns