If you are limited on time but want information with some hands-on practice, our Weekend Class is for you. Prepare for your personal childbirth journey with us. During this 4-hour class, share your thoughts, concerns and questions. Learn about labor and birth, pain-coping practices, how dad/partners can help, options for medications and decision-making skills for a fulfilling and confident birth experience.
We recommend also enrolling in Baby's First Weeks and Basics of Breastfeeding.
$65.00 (includes expectant mom and one support person)
Important Class Information
- Please bring 2 pillows and 2 blankets or mats to this class. These will be used on the floor, while practicing labor-coping techniques.
- It is recommended that you begin classes after your first trimester and plan to complete your classes by your 34th week of pregnancy.
- Having children or extra people attending these classes is prohibited due to the graphic content of some instructional material and dialog, as well as the partner-specific activities.
- This class meets at the Meriter Business Center - 2650 Novation Pkwy, Madison (off Rimrock Road).
- Please arrive on time for your class to ensure entrance into the building.
- This class is eligible for reimbursement through Physicians Plus and Unity Health plans. Please check with your health plan for program details. Because Unity's Fitness First & More Rewards form requires an instructor's signature, we ask that you complete and bring with you to class.
- A tour of the Birthing Center is not included in this class. Tours require advanced registration or you may view our online Birthing Center Tour, at your convenience.
Refund Policy/Cancellation Policy
- A full refund will be issued when cancellation of a class is made 1 week or more prior to the class start date.
- A 50% refund will be issued when cancellation of a class is made less than 1 week prior to the class start date.
- In the event of inclement weather or instructor illness, and the Women’s Health Education Department cancels a class, there is no financial penalty to the student. The student will be offered the opportunity to attend a class at a later date. If the student is unable to reschedule, a refund will be issued.
Please complete your registration online by clicking one of the “Register Now” buttons above.
If you have further questions or need to cancel your registration, please call the Women's Health Education Department at (608) 417-8446.
If you are looking for a pediatrician or family practice provider, our Meriter Physicians would be honored to be considered during your search. Learn how to set up a free meet and greet session .