Advanced Practice Nursing Careers
About Career Opportunities for Clinical Nurse Specialists
At Meriter, we are excited to offer rewarding career growth opportunities to our nursing staff. At the Advanced Practice level our Clinical Nurse Specialists provide specialized expertise to patients, families and staff. Their area of clinical expertise may be in:
- A population, such as pediatrics, geriatrics or women's health
- A setting, such as critical care or emergency services
- A disease or medical sub-specialty, such as diabetes or oncology
- A type of care, such as psychiatric services or rehabilitation
- A type of health problem, such as pain management, wound care or stress management
In addition to conventional nursing responsibilities which focus upon helping patients to prevent or resolve illness, a Clinical Nurse Specialist's scope of practice includes diagnosing and treating disease, injuries and or disabilities within his/her field of expertise.
The Meriter Advantage
At Meriter, Clinical Nurse Specialists provide direct patient care, serve as expert consultants for nursing staffs and take an active hand in improving health care delivery systems. Meriter is proud of the commitment and expertise demonstrated by our Clinical Nurse Specialists. The role of Clinical Nurse Specialist is integral in the delivery of exceptional patient care and is fundamental to Meriter's mission to Heal, Teach and Serve.
How to Apply
If you would like to search our available opportunities and apply to open positions, please click here to visit the Meriter Career Center.