Arthritis is a condition that in one way or another affects almost every family either directly or indirectly. It is one of the most common conditions that millions of American adults and thousands of children seek treatments for on a regular basis. Although, many Americans struggle with arthritis, many aren’t aware of its symptoms, cause or their treatment options. Ask these questions to help understand if you or a family member may be suffering from arthritis:
- Do you or a member of your family or close friend suffer from painful joints?
- Do you have joints that ache and seem to swell after activity?
- Do your joints seem to stiffen after any period of relative inactivity, or after a period of overactivity?
- Do your joints hurt you at night or keep you from comfortably sleeping?
- Does joint pain limit your ability to enjoy your favorite activities, or comfortably work full time, or even limit your routine daily activities?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then you or your loved one may be one of the millions of Americans who suffer from some form of arthritis.
Depending on the cause and stage of your arthritis, there are a number of treatment options that might provide relief of those symptoms. A physician directed rehab, exercise, or weight loss program; medications, injections, braces, or even surgery may be treatment options.
If you might have arthritis, know that you have options. Contact UnityPoint Clinic Orthopedics and Sports Medicine to help answer questions about what might be the cause of your joint pain or what treatment recommendations might be reasonable for you.
comments powered by