Medical Social Services
Social workers are an important part of the coordinated care team at UnityPoint at Home. The social workers in medical social services work closely with the patients and their physicians to make sure that all the necessary needs of the patient are being met.
Support services offered by the UnityPoint at Home medical social workers include:
- Providing emotional support related to injury or illness
- Connecting patients and families with the appropriate resources
- Answering questions about Medicare, Medicaid, and financial assistance
- Managing crisis intervention
- Making referrals for services
- Coordinating the transition of care from hospital to home with the healthcare team
The UnityPoint at Home medical social services are there to provide emotional and professional support every step of the way. From helping patients and family members cope with illness or injury to connecting patients with available resources, the medical social workers at UnityPoint at Home are committed to delivering the best care and service possible to each and every patient.