We can help you live a healthier and more productive life
At UnityPoint at Home, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional cardiac care services. Our compassionate chronic care team is comprised of several health professionals, each carefully selected and trained to provide interventional care, education and guidance to persons diagnosed with heart disease or those recovering from a cardiac event.
Our staff members not only assist with nursing care and rehabilitation, they also educate patients about ways to promote heart health for life.
Who benefits from Cardiac Care?
Cardiac care benefits patients of all ages with various heart conditions. You may benefit if you:
- Have had a heart attack
- Have been diagnosed with heart disease, coronary artery disease (CAD), angina (chest pain), or heart failure
- Have had coronary bypass or valve surgery
- Have had a coronary intervention like PTCA (balloon), stent, pacemaker or implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD)
- Have a strong family history or risk factors for developing heart disease
The Convenience of Managing Your Heart Condition at Home - Where it Matters Most
Life is different when you're in the hospital or rehabilitation center. Meals are planned for you, activities are planned for you, and there aren't opportunities to make unhealthy choices. So what happens when you get home?
Our cardiac care services begin shortly after hospital discharge and include two major components:
- Exercise Training - Teaches the patient how to exercise safely while strengthening muscles and improving stamina. All exercise plans are individually formulated, based on physical ability, activity level prior to the heart event, vocational and recreational needs and interests.
- Education - Individual and group counseling and training help patients better understand their heart condition and learn ways to reduce the risk of future problems. Patients also learn how to cope with the stress of adjusting to a new lifestyle and to deal with fears about the future.
Coordinated Medical Care, Education & Support
The chronic care team works with your own physician to help you recover faster, feel better and minimize your risk for future heart problems. The team is comprised of specialized health professionals dedicated to meeting your needs and goals:
- Exercise Specialists
- Medical Social Workers
Getting People Back to Normal Life
The first few days and weeks following a cardiac event or diagnosis can be a very confusing and frightening time. You may have new medicines to take, instructions to follow and old habits to quit. We can help.
UnityPoint offers assistance with a variety of daily activities, including:
- Blood pressure monitoring & health assessments
- Medication management
- Exercise supervision
- Meal preparation
- Light household chores
Your Heart Health Can Improve. We Can Help You.
UnityPoint at Home and the chronic care staff can help persons diagnosed with heart disease, and those recovering from a cardiac event. We will arm you with the knowledge and confidence you need to live a healthier, more productive life. Call us today to discuss your unique case and learn more about our personalized care and rehabilitation options.