Ten local students pursuing careers in health care are the recipients of $14,500 in scholarships awarded by the Grundy County Memorial Hospital Foundation in 2018, thanks to the generosity of local donors.
2018 Scholarship Recipients:
Irene A Stout Family Health Care Career Scholarship - Lauren Hussmann, Gladbrook-Reinbeck, nursing
Don and Susie Kliebenstein Family Health Care Career Scholarship - Michelle McIntire, Grundy Center, nursing;
Sara Lee Yoder Health Care Career Scholarships:
Bailey Schipper, Aplington-Parkersburg, occupational therapy
Lakin Brungard, Aplington-Parkersburg, medical imaging
Jamie Buskohl, Waverly High School, now a resident of Dike, nursing
Sidney Groen, A-P, nursing
Jacob Everts, A-P, physical therapy assistant
Leah Mouw, North Butler, pharmacy
Katelyn Hogle, BCLUW, psychiatric nurse practitioner
Olivia Welton, Green Mountain-Garwin high school, nursing
Health Care Career Scholarships Awarded Annually
The Grundy County Memorial Hospital Foundation offers Health Care Career Scholarships for students pursuing a career in the health care field. Scholarship applications are available on the hospital's website each March 1, and due on May 31. Scholarship awards are made each August.
Click here for a 2019 scholarship application.
The following are the eligibility requirements for a GCMH Foundation Healthcare Career Scholarship:
- Student must currently be enrolled in an accredited healthcare career program leading to licensure or a clinical laboratory degree (i.e. Nursing School, Physical Therapy School), see list below
- Student must have completed at one semester of their official, accredited health care program, or be a licensed health care professional pursuing an advanced degree in health care
- Student must be enrolled at least part time for either undergraduate (with a minimum of 6 credit hours) or graduate programs (with a minimum of 4 credit hours)
- Student must reside in, or have graduated from a high school in, the Grundy County Memorial Hospital service area of Butler, Grundy, Hardin, and Tama counties
or currently work at Grundy County Memorial Hospital
- Student must have a cumulative post-secondary GPA maintained at 2.5 or higher
||Physical Therapist Assistant