Manatt Family Urgent Care
Walk-in clinic available 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. First floor of the Ahrens Medical Arts Building, 210 Fourth Ave., Grinnell.
The Manatt Family Urgent Care clinic focuses on acute occasional care with the emphasis on quick walk-in service. There is no single definition for urgent care centers, but at UnityPoint Health - Grinnell Regional Medical Center we are focusing our center on:
- No appointment needed, first come – first served.
- Non-chronic conditions.
- Urgent but not emergency conditions.
- Staffing by physician assistant or physician.
- Children six months and older.
The Manatt Family Urgent Care is not an emergency department, but it will handle many of the medical situations that arise after the primary care offices are closed.
Note: NO narcotics or other controlled substances are prescribed or refilled.
Minor Medical Situations
Minor medical illnesses included in urgent care are:
- Chest/nasal congestion
- Seasonal allergies
- Sinus infections
- Sore throat/laryngitis
- Mild fevers
Head, Ear and Eye Conditions
- Pink eye/stye
- Ear ache/infections
- Athlete's foot
- Cold sore
- Bug bites
Stomach and Genital Urinary Conditions
- Burning during urination (yeast or bladder infections)
Minor Injuries and Other Conditions
- Mild asthma
- Simple burns
- Cuts that need stitches
- Minor sprains/strains
Urgent care does not replace your primary care providers but serves as a bridge for care when you can't see your regular provider.
Conditions Not Treated by Urgent Care
The following will NOT be seen in urgent care:
- Any care for children under six months old.
- Chronic pain management.
- Second opinions.
- Heart attack / stroke.
- Chronic disease management (high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes).
- Medication refills or adjustments.
- Referrals for specialties visits (PT, OT, Speech).
- Pregnancy tests, prevention, morning after pill.
- Physicals (including sports).
- Vaginal bleeding.
- Treatments that require prior authorization.
- Treatment for anxiety or mental health.
- Follow-ups visits.
- Suspected fractures or other treatment requiring x-rays after 5pm on weekdays or 11 am on Saturdays (will be referred to ER).
- Surgical consultation follow-ups.
Conditions Limited to the Emergency Room
- Heart attack / stroke symptoms.
- Heat illness or stroke.
- Suspected fractures requiring x-rays (after 5 p.m. Monday - Friday, or after 11 a.m. on Saturdays).
- Mental health anxiety treatment.
- Severe abdominal pain.
- Rabies shots.
For additional information contact the Manatt Family Urgent Care at (641) 236-2378.
FAQs about Manatt Family Urgent Care
Who will treat patients?
Providers are Wendi Beck, PA-C, and Luke Perrin, MD. They may order diagnostic labs, x-rays and other tests from GRMC's departments, located in the adjacent hospital. Medical director is Luke Perrin, MD.
What can I be treated for in an urgent care setting?
Our clinic is an option for those who have trouble getting an appointment with their primary provider due to work or other commitments. The urgent care staff will also see patients who need acute care but may not have primary care physician or office identified.
What should I expect upon arrival?
Patients wishing to see an urgent care provider will enter the Ahrens Medical Arts Building, 210 4th Avenue, Grinnell. On the first floor, immediately as you enter the building, you will see a check in window where staff will register you. A waiting area is in the lobby. You will be seen on a first come, first serve basis. Staff will take you to an exam room where the provider will assess you and determine a treatment plan.
What forms of payment are accepted?
The Manatt Family Urgent Care services are affordable. Payment is due at the time of service. Most insurance plans are accepted. Cash and credit cards are also accepted.
What happens after my visit?
Following a visit with an urgent care provider, you will be referred back to your primary provider for follow up or additional testing. Your records will be available to your provider by fax. If you already see a provider affiliated with GRMC, your records will be made available to your provider electronically. If you do not have a medical home, the Manatt Family Urgent Care staff will provide you with names of providers accepting new patients.