Cedar Rapids, IA
Des Moines, IA
Fort Dodge, IA
Quad Cities, IA & IL
Sioux City, IA
Careers & Volunteers
Find a Doctor
Pay My Bill
Who We Are
Ways To Give
Classes & Events
Directions & Maps
What can we help you find...
Please select a state for your search.
Find a Doctor
Equal Employment Opportunity
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Federal Minimum Wage
Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
The DAISY Award
- is an international recognition program that honors and celebrates the skillful, compassionate care nurses provide every day. Nominate a GRMC nurse today! Please fill out
this PDF form
and return completed forms via
100 Great Nurses
- this program identifies 100 outstanding nurses every year whose courage, competence and commitment to patients and the nursing profession stand out above all others.
Nominate your outstanding nurse.
Employee Family Resource
- offers employees and immediate household members free telephone consultations 24/7, in-person appointments, health and wellness coaching, legal consultation, financial consultation and eldercare resources.
- for employee service milestone anniversaries will be awarded annually. Milestone years are considered to be the completion of 60-months of service. Monetary awards will be presented at regular recognition luncheons.
- each resigning employee is required to give a written fourteen (14) day notice for non-management/hourly employees and a thirty (30) day notice for management/licensed/professional salaried employees.
Work Life Enhancement Benefits
Cafeteria and Neon Café
- The cafeteria food line is available six days a week from 11:00 a.m. – 1 p.m. Complimentary beverages are available in the cafeteria. The Neon Café service is available Monday-Friday from 11 a.m. until 7 p.m. and Saturday 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Vending machines are available 24 hours a day. Charges for meals from the cafeteria and the Neon Café can be payroll deducted by using an employee picture ID badge.
Automatic Payroll Deposit
- Paychecks are deposited in any checking and/or savings account in any bank/credit union/savings and loan in Iowa.
- All employees receive a post-employment offer physical, lab work, mantoux skin test, drug testing, and job placement assessment, if required for the position. These must all be completed prior to beginning employment. Emergency medical care is available through the emergency room for all work related accidents. Annually, each employee will receive a CBC, chem panel, plus a TSH and a lipid profile, at no cost.
- A private room is assigned, if available, at a double room rate to employee and immediate family members in their household.
- All employees are covered under the medical center's liability insurance while performing assigned work.
- The Celebration Council is comprised of employees who plan and organize a number of recreational and social activities throughout the year for employees. Previous events have included special meals, coffee breaks, photo booth and several outings at no cost to employees.
- The Paul W. Ahrens Wellness and Fitness Center is an off-site facility offering modern equipment, exercise classes and personal coaching. Additional family members (living in the household) may join at a reduced rate. Employees may use payroll deduct for membership fees.
- The GRMC Auxiliary operates a gift shop, The Glass Gift Shop, with clothing items, gifts, cards, decor and novelty items. Employees may use payroll deduct for purchases.
So-Sound Refresh Lounge
- Our So-Sound refresh lounge offers samples of essential oil blends of Chai for relaxation, Headache Relief and Muscle Ache Relief. You can also use the So-Sound lounger on your breaks or before and after work. The lounger is a non-medical system that uses the healing frequencies of sound to deliver sound and tactile stimulation to the mind and body simultaneously, providing a stress-reducing experience. A full range of harmonic resonance flows through for a whole body listening experience.
- Postels Community Health Park is an off-site facility offering massage therapy services and essential oils. Massage therapy is offered at a discounted rate to all employees. Employees may use payroll deduct, or with a physician order, can use their flex account to make payment of services.