The DAISY Award
Did you have a great nurse who exemplified caring and excellence when
you visited UnityPoint Health - Trinity Regional Medical Center? Do you
feel they are worthy of receiving a distinguished award?
If yes, then please tell us about that experience and nominate that
nurse today for the DAISY Award. The DAISY Award honors not only great
clinical skill and leadership but also strong patient care and
Nominate your nurse today.
A DAISY Award recipient should have the following qualities and attributes:
- Has a positive attitude and demonstrates professionalism in the work environment.
- Gives extraordinary care to patients and families through trust, respect and emotional support.
- Is an excellent educator to patients and families with a focus on meeting patient and family goals.
- Acts as a role model to the nursing profession.
- Has great interpersonal skills with peers and co-workers.
- Works well with physicians and all members of the health care team to meet patient and family needs.
About the DAISY Award
DAISY is an acronym for Diseases Attacking the Immune System Foundation. The DAISY Foundation was
formed in January, 2000, by the family of J. Patrick Barnes who died at
age 33 of complications of Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP),
an auto-immune disease.
J. Patrick Barnes' family wanted do something in his memory. They
recalled the skillful and compassionate care Patrick received from his
nurses during his eight-week hospitalization. They wanted to say "thank
you" to nurses everywhere by establishing a recognition program to honor
the super-human work nurses do every day at the bedside": The DAISY
Award for Extraordinary Nurses.