What You Can Expect
From your very first visit to the point of healing and throughout follow up care, we're here to serve as a resource for the treatment and maintenance of your wound.
What Will Happen During My First Visit?
When you arrive, you will undergo a thorough diagnostic exam to determine the type of wound you have and the underlying causes. After completing the testing process, you will then work with our medical professionals who will tailor a program specifically for you. Our treatment options are based on the most effective procedures and research available today.
What Happens During Wound Treatment?
Once treatment has begun, you'll visit the wound center regularly for ongoing wound care. We'll show you how to care for your wound at home between visits and protect yourself from further complications, like infection. Treatment at the center is by physician referral or self-referral.
What You Can Do To Help:
- Care for your wound at home as directed by your treatment team
- Eat a healthy diet
- Rest according to instructions
- Take medications as ordered
- Quit or don't start smoking
- Return for your follow up appointment(s)
Call Your Doctor If You Notice:
- Increased redness, swelling and/or pain around wound.
- Increased wound drainage, including pus or cloudy fluid.
- A foul odor or abnormal smell.
- Fever and chills or general weakness.
- Tenderness at or in the area of infected bone.
- Wound grows larger or won't heal.
Who Will Treat My Wounds?
You'll be cared for by a team of professional who are dedicated to working with your primary physician to keep you healthy while we treat your problem wound. Finley's Wound & Hyperbaric Center treatment team includes:
- Physicians with advanced training in wound care management.
- Nurses trained in the area of chronic wounds.
- Technicians who perform non-invasive studies and various therapies.
- An experienced staff to assist with appointments, records and insurance processing.