Good nutrition is important to staying well. It is also an important part of preventing, treating or managing health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, digestive disorders, obesity, high blood pressure, cancer and kidney disease.
The registered dietitians at Finley Hospital assess nutritional needs and make recommendations in regards to diet, exercise and other treatment plans.
Inpatient Services Include:
- Nutrition assessment and nutrition care plans
- Provide physician ordered disease specific meals for treatment and healing
- Nutrition education for implementing medical nutrition therapy upon discharge
- Contact other home care agencies as needed
Outpatient Services Include:
- Outpatient nutrition consults with a registered dietitian. Some medical insurances will cover costs with a doctor's referral. Check with your insurance prior to your visit.
- Education available for all disease, such as: