Kehl Diabetes Center - A Certified Recognized Diabetes Program
UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital's Kehl Diabetes Center offers a variety of classes, programs and support groups to help you gain control - and stay in control - of diabetes. Pre-diabetes consultations are also offered for those person at risk for developing diabetes.
Why Choose Kehl Diabetes Center?
- Improved diabetes management through education, counseling, blood glucose self-monitoring and insulin training.
- Individually tailored diabetes program, coordinated with your primary physician.
- Learn effective self-management skills to reduce long-term complications.
- Delivering high quality care, using the scientifically based system, Staged Diabetes Management. Staged Diabetes Management is a trademark of the Institute for Research and Education of Health System Minnesota.
Certified Recognized Diabetes Program
The Kehl Diabetes Center program holds many certifications and awards, such as:
- State of Iowa Department of Public Health Certification
- American Diabetes Association Program Recognition
- The Joint Commission Ernest A. Codman Award for Excellence in Using Outcomes to Improve Quality and Safety of Health Care
Outreach Clinic at Guttenberg Municipal Hospital
A team of registered nurse and dietitian, certified diabetes educators provide all services at Guttenberg Hospital two times per month meeting persons in their home area.
Community Awareness Programs
We offer various program's about diabetes and bring at risk for diabetes throughout the year.
- Pre-diabetes consultations
- Diabetes Express
- Diabetes Education/Support Group
Please visit the classes and events section for more information.