Hospitalists at Finley
Grand River Medical Group, in collaboration with Finley Hospital, has established a team of highly qualified, experienced care providers known as hospitalists. A hospitalist specializes in the care of patients in the hospital setting.
Finley Hospitalists are available on site at the hospital 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. This means that if you are hospitalized at Finley Hospital and are being cared for by a hospitalist during your stay, someone is available - day and night - to attend to your needs. Hospitalists communicate with your doctor or care provider regarding your hospital stay and make recommendations for follow-up treatment plans.
Finley Hospitalist Team
What to expect from the hospitalist team
- While in the hospital, the hospitalist will supervise your care. Depending on the length of your stay, you may see more than one hospitalist.
- The hospitalist and your primary care doctor will communicate as needed throughout your hospital stay.
- The hospitalist will ensure a smooth transition back to your primary care doctor once you leave the hospital.
- If you do not have a primary care doctor, the hospitalist team will refer you to one for follow-up care once you leave the hospital.
- They may contact you after you leave the hospital to ensure all aspects of your follow-up care plan are in place and to answer any questions you may have.
- After discharge, your family doctor will receive information about your hospital stay. Follow-up with your family doctor is recommended in three to five days.