Our board certified lactation consultants are committed to helping you have a positive breastfeeding experience. We offer a wide variety of services for before and after delivery including:
- Prenatal breastfeeding class
- Breastfeeding educational materials and aids
- Prenatal assessment for women with previous or anticipated breastfeeding problems
- In-hospital consultations for mothers and newborns
- Outpatient consultation for nursing mothers and babies
- Free telephone consultation with our lactation consultant, just call (563) 557-2837
Breastfeeding Support Group
Breastfeeding can be a special time for you and your baby, but there may be some
bumps in the road along the way. Finley's Certified Lactation Counselors or Certified Breast Feeding Educators are committed to helping you have a positive breastfeeding experience by providing a breastfeeding support group. Educators are available to answer questions, assist with nursing and track your baby's weight. Attendees can also talk to other moms who may be having similar issues. It's a great time to network with other nursing moms!
The Breastfeeding Support Group meets every Tuesdays in the Delhi Medical Center 3rd Floor Conference Room. No pre-registration required. Click here for full dates and times.
Learn More About Breastfeeding From Laura Knabel, a Certified Lactation Consultant
Mother's Milk Bank of Iowa
Finley is proud to partner with the Mother's Milk Bank of Iowa to offer donor human milk. Donor human milk is available for both preemies and term babies. Check with our Family Birthing Suites staff to learn more about this option.
Click here for downloadable copies of "Your Guide to Breastfeeding" from Womenshealth.gov.