Healthy Lifestyles Program Details
A Healthy Lifestyle Starts with a Team Approach
At UnityPoint Clinic Weight Loss, we use a coordinated team approach. Our specialists will work with you to set weight loss goals and make lifestyles changes to achieve them. A complete evaluation by the nurse practitioner at your first visit is the foundation of your personalized weight loss program.
Your nurse practitioner will:
- Look for health related issues that might cause obesity
- Review your medicines that can lead to weight gain
- Make recommendations to your primary care doctor to support your weight loss goals
A dietitian will:
- Review your current eating patterns and help you make a personal diet plan
- Teach you how to eat healthy to` prevent or manage disease
- Follow up with you to check on your progress
An exercise physiologist will:
- Test your exercise capacity
- Help you build a personal exercise plan
- Check on your progress and adjust the plan so it keeps working for you. Individualize your exercise plan for problems like joint pain
A mental health counselor will:
- Use counseling to help with things that affect your ability to eat healthy and make changes to improve your eating habits
- State-of-the-art technology will be used to follow accurate information about your body to track your progress in:
- Body mass index
- Body fat percentage
- Resting metabolic rate
How do I get started?
- To get started, make an appointment with our clinic. Call 515-241-2250 today to sign up for your first visit.
- Please read, print and complete the patient history form and bring it to your first Healthy Lifestyles Program physician/team consultation.