Sports Medicine of Iowa
When you get injured while playing a sport or any type of activity, it's important to see a specialist who understands your injury and is specially trained to help get you back to living an active lifestyle as quickly and safely as possible. That's exactly the kind of care you will receive at Urbandale Family Physicians and Sports Medicine of Iowa. We are located at 2901 86th Street in Urbandale and treat all types of sports medicine and musculoskeletal injuries.
Our physician, Marc Molis, M.D., FAAFP, is board-certified in Sports Medicine and Family Medicine and is a Fellow with the American Academy of Family Physicians. Here are some additional career highlights for Dr. Molis:
- Dr. Molis received his medical degree from Northwestern University Medical School and completed his sports medicine fellowship at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
- Completed his residency with the Hinsdale Family Practice Residency Program and an internship with Children's Memorial Hospital in Chicago.
- Is a faculty member at Blank Children's Hospital where he helps to teach residents and is also on the faculty at the University of Iowa.
- Has experience in perfomance medicine (previously worked with the Milwaukee Ballet) and team sports medicine care. Dr. Molis currently provides his services to many Des Moines area sports teams including West Des Moines Valley High School, the Des Moines Cycling Team, Simpson College and the Des Moines Buccaneers. He also has previous experience with the Milwaukee Brewers baseball team.
- Contributes to many sports medicine articles and books including an area that he specializes in - asthma and the athlete.
- He frequently presents lectures on Concussion Management throughout the Des Moines area.
- Was named a 2008 Des Moines Top Doctor by DSM Magazine.
Click to print and view the Greater Des Moines Trails Map.