In order to meet the needs of our patients, Iowa Lutheran Hospital provides a variety of adult behavioral health services through our intensive hospital programs. Patients receive services during part of the day based on individual needs and return home at night. The appropriate service and level of care are determined individually through initial and ongoing assessments.
Services and levels of care provided include:
- Partial hospitalization - This program provides five hours of treatment for up to five days per week.
- Intensive outpatient - This program provides three hours of treatment three to five days per week.
Focus of Programs
- Provide group therapy and individual treatment time
- Assist client with identification and expression of feelings
- Assist with increasing self-awareness and improving self-esteem and stress management
- Assist with developing effective communication skills, coping skills, and problem solving abilities
- Assist client with returning to individual and family responsibilities
- Build awareness of available community resources
- Offer transitional care following completion of outpatient programs
- Provide education to client about diagnosis, symptom management and medication
A multidisciplinary team that includes physicians, nurses, social workers, care managers, occupation, recreational, and mental health therapists provide care in this program.