Online Childbirth Education Program
UnityPoint Health - Des Moines now offers expectant parents another option for childbirth education through our new eLearning program. The Gift of Motherhood eLearning Childbirth Education Program is for those who are unable to attend our conventional Childbirth Preparation classes due to bed rest, scheduling conflicts or time constraints. It is also a good refresher course for repeat parents.
The web-based eLearning program includes:
- Animated illustrations, videos, voice-overs and games
- Access for a 10-week period, beginning from the date of your initial use. You will receive an access code after you register and pay for the class.
- The opportunity to contact one of our nurse educators by email to help answer any questions you may have.
- A tour of any of Maternity Centers. Fill out the online form to schedule a tour or call 515-263-BABY.
- Childbirth education and labor support
- Discomforts of pregnancy
- Understanding labor and birth
- Labor guide
- Caring for yourself postpartum
- Feeding your newborn
- Caring for your newborn
$35 for 10-week access
Questions or Comments?