Making sound decisions is key to good health care, and our Certified Nurse Midwives want you to take an active role in making the right decisions for you and your family. At Midwife Services women can expect a safe, personalized experience. Our modern day midwives are Certified Nurse Midwives who treat puberty, birth and menopause as normal life events. We see our patients as an active partner in their care.
To schedule an appointment with one of our Certified Nurse Midwives, please call the clinic at (515) 309-6011 or request an appointment online now.
Request an Appointment
Birth Care Services
- We are a hospital based practice which means your baby will be born at Iowa Lutheran Hospital.
- We believe in accommodating your needs, whether that means a natural birth or the use of epidurals.
- When you are admitted in labor, one of our midwives will be present to deliver your baby as well as provide supportive care during the labor process.
- The safety of you and your baby always comes first. We work with the OB physicians and should it become necessary, we can involve them in the birth process at any point. Physician leadership is provided by Amy Bingaman, M.D., medical director of Midwife Services.
- Care provided by nurse-midwives is characterized by low rates of induced labor, episiotomies or Cesarean sections.
Over a six month average, our rates are:
- C-Sections: 10%
- Inductions: 13%
Women's Care Services
- We manage and treat common health problems from puberty through menopause and provide annual exams, vaccinations, fertility counseling, referral for mammography, laboratory testing or specialist consultation.
- We can discuss natural family planning or find the type of birth control right for you.
Our practice guidelines provide for medical consultation, collaboration and referral, and are in accordance with the Standards for the Practice of Midwifery, as defined by the American College of Nurse Midwives.
Even before she was pregnant, Hazel knew she would choose midwifery care. Read more about her decision and why she likes Midwife Services at UnityPoint Health - Des Moines.