The Center for Liver Disease
The Center for Liver Disease located at UnityPoint Health - Des Moines is a multidisciplinary treatment center offering seamless integration of hepatology, gastroenterology, surgery, radiology and oncology.
The Center for Liver Disease (CLD) consists of three components: an outpatient liver clinic, inpatient consultation and liver transplantation support. Evaluation is aimed at finding the type and stage of liver disease, and then how to treat and cure disorders of the liver in adults. The Center is committed to caring for all patients, regardless of financial status, and participates with many insurance plans.
Our Center offers a comprehensive approach to the diagnosis and management of liver disease. We work closely with referring physicians and supplement their care by offering specialized consultation and assessment.
Specific services available through the Center for Liver Diseases include:
- Liver Transplantation - We work closely with the Liver
Transplantation Department at The University of Nebraska Medical Center
to provide seamless care to patients who may need a liver transplant. We
will continue to care for patients following transplantation.
- Treatment of hepatitis C - Patients who undergo treatment for hepatitis C infection are provided extensive individual teaching to fit specific needs. In addition 24-hour help and support line is also available to help patient's day to day issues and problems related to treatment.
- Treatment of NASH (also known as fatty liver disease). Patients with fatty liver disease are individually counseled to identify and address primary needs to modify disease pattern and underlying risk factors of obesity and diabetes. Nutritional support and education is provided.
- Treatment & Surgical Procedures - A wide range of treatment options including surgical procedures for diagnosis and treatment of various liver diseases.
Other surgical procedures for diagnosis and treatment of various liver diseases include,
- Biliary Oncologic Surgery
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatogram (ERCP)
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD)
- Hepatic Resection
- Liver Biopsy
- Microwave Ablation
- Percutaneous Transhepatic Cholangiogram (PTC) and drainage
- Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA)
- Trans Arterial Chemo Embolization (TACE)
- Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt (TIPS)
Additional Online Liver Disease Resources