Lasik Eye Surgery in Des Moines
Laser Vision Correction, also known as refractive surgery, includes several elective surgical procedures that can reduce or eliminate your need for glasses or contact lenses.
A laser is used to treat refractive errors of the eye:
The best candidates for Laser Vision Correction are people with healthy eyes, age 18 or older who have realistic expectations.
Physicians have been performing refractive surgery since the last two decades. Refractive procedures have dramatically improved in recent years with the introduction of the excimer laser and CustomVue wavefront technology.
Top-quality Laser Vision Correction includes:
- A complete pre-operative eye exam including dilation by your surgeon
- A refractive surgery team dedicated to achieving the best results possible
- Consultation with your Surgeon to answer any and all questions
- Advanced Surface Ablation (ASA) option for patients
- Fellowship-trained refractive surgeon - a surgeon with state-of-the-art training in the most up-to-date techniques in refractive surgery
- Computerized corneal topography that analyzes the curvature of the cornea
- Corneal thickness measurement
- Testing for dry eyes
- Pupil measurement in dark and light conditions to lessen risk of glare at night
- 3-D tracking technology to follow eye movements in all three dimensions
- Pre-op and follow up care with your surgeon
- Wavefront guided custom treatments of the cornea for both LASIK and ASA