The current LifeFlight helicopter is an American-made Eurocopter EC 145. This model was introduced in 2009, and is the same model used by other major medical institutions across the county. This model has a reputation for safety and efficient medical transport.
Features of the EC 145:
- Spacious cabin allows for full-patient access optimizing care delivery.
- Ability to carry two patients.
- Ability for a family member of a patient being transported to ride along.
- Three crew seats to enable crew mix configuration to meet specific patient needs.
- Powerful twin engines with maximum cruise speed of 167 miles per hour.
- Modern glass cockpit with night vision goggle capability, terrain avoidance warning system and IFR capabilities allowing for safer transport in various weather conditions.
LifeFlight's helicopter is owned and operated by Air Methods.