You Can Never Know Too Much About Emergencies and Critical Care
The professional of LifeFlight are committed to helping our community and EMS partners care for people in emergency situations. We offer classes that will strengthen the care provided to patients and enrich the knowledge base of healthcare professionals.
Members of the LifeFlight crew are proficient in the care of critically-ill and injured patients. Our crew offers a variety of educational opportunities utilizing this expertise to help further the development of healthcare professionals in and around our community.
LifeFlight is committed to maintaining a high standard of care and is proud to be an integral component of the Iowa Methodist Medical Center Level I Trauma Center and Blank Children's Hospital Level II Trauma Center.
- To enhance the care provided to ill or injured patients in central Iowa.
- Share cutting edge advances in patient care with healthcare professionals.
- Strengthen the relationship between LifeFlight, healthcare facilities and EMS providers in central Iowa.
- Agricultural Safety
- Airway Management
- Ground Crew
- Infants and Children
- Medicine in Combat
- Pre-Hospital Neonatal Care
- Patient Assessment
- Start/JumpStart Triage
- Trauma/Medical/Behavioral Emergencies
- Additional classes may be available upon request.
Click here to request an educational event for your team.
Guidelines for Class Request
- Classes need to be scheduled a minimum of 4 weeks in advance to allow for CEH/CEU approval.
- Classes within a 60-mile radius of Des Moines will be provided free of charge. Classes outside of this radius will need to be approved by the program manager.
- A minimum number of 10 students is required. If this requirement is not met, the class will need to be rescheduled.