Adolescent Behavioral Health Services
Iowa Lutheran Hospital recognizes the need for various levels of care to meet the needs of children and adolescents. Our services offer a continuum of care for kids ages 4-18 who experience problems at home, school or in the community.
Reasons For Admission
- Anger/Rage episodes
- Grief, loss and abandonment
- School problems/truancy
- Sexual abuse/assault
- Suicidal threats/attempts
Continuum of Care:
- Assessment- Individuals may call to schedule a comprehensive evaluation if mental health needs, including an adolescent's current mental health. Sessions last one hour and result in recommendations for the next step.
- Intensive Outpatient - Programming is tailored to meet the needs of each individual adolescent. Participants attend from one to three days per week for less than four hours per day. At this level of care, adolescents may build on recovery goals and identify and develop positive coping skills.
- Partial Hospitalization Program - Monday-Friday 8:30a.m.-3:00p.m. The goals of the Partial program are to provide crisis intervention, assess needs, initiate education and provide structure in the child's environment.
The appropriate level of care is determined individually through initial and ongoing assessments.
- Anger Management
- Communication and assertiveness
- Crisis Management
- Medication Management and compliance
- Self-esteem and assertiveness
- Individual and family support