College Student Volunteer
Volunteers at Iowa Methodist, Blank Children's Hospital and Iowa Lutheran make a difference for our patients, families and staff. College students are on-boarded into our volunteer program three times per year - fall semester, spring semester and summer (must commit to 10 weeks during summer).
College students volunteering during the school year need to meet the following requirements:
- Currently enrolled in college.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Willing to commit to volunteering for a minimum of 2 to 4 hours once per week.
- Must volunteer for two semesters (Example: summer and fall, fall and spring, spring and summer).
- Summer volunteering college students must be available to commit to 10-weeks of the summer.
- Must complete an application, health screening, attend an orientation/placement meeting and provide references.
- Must clear a criminal background check.
College Volunteer Opportunities
Iowa Lutheran Hospital
ILH is accepting applicants for the Fall 2015 College placements. Opportunities for the fall include:
- Emergency Department: Pre-Med / Medical Major is required.
- Students with back ground in social work and the human services field for the Transitional Care floor.
- Volunteers pursuing an education degree in the Volunteer Program.
Questions? Contact volunteer coordinator, Shana Johnson by e-mail or call 515.263.5475.
Iowa Methodist Medical Center and Blank Children's Hospital
Applications for Fall 2015 semester are now closed. Please check back in late December for Spring 2016.
Methodist West Hospital
Will not be accepting Fall 2015 college applications. Please try back Spring of 2016.