College Student Volunteer
Volunteers at Iowa Methodist, Blank Children's Hospital and Iowa Lutheran make a difference for our patients, families and staff. College students are on-boarded into our volunteer program three times per year - fall semester, spring semester and summer (must commit to 10 weeks during summer).
College students volunteering during the school year need to meet the following requirements:
- Currently enrolled in college.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Willing to commit to volunteering for a minimum of 2 to 4 hours once per week.
- Must volunteer for two semesters (Example: summer and fall, fall and spring, spring and summer).
- Summer volunteering college students must be available to commit to 10-weeks of the summer.
- Must complete an application, health screening, attend an orientation/placement meeting and provide references.
- Must clear a criminal background check.
Iowa Lutheran Hospital: College Volunteer Opportunities
We are accepting applications for our Summer College Volunteer Program.
Summer 2015 Openings:
Emergency Department Volunteer
We are now accepting applications for college students interested in volunteering and helping staff and patients in our Emergency Department. Placements will be on an assigned weekday 9 a.m.-1 p.m. or 1 p.m.-5 p.m.
Volunteers applying for the Emergency Department volunteer position need to be pursuing a degree towards a medical-related field. Examples: Nursing, PA, Medicine.
Please contact Holly Porter at 263-5475 or at Holly.Porter@unitypoint.org to request an application. Include your name, contact information, college attending, year in school and degree pursuing.
Iowa Methodist Medical Center and Blank Children's Hospital
Now accepting applications for summer 2015. Please complete the form to the left to request an application packet. Summer placements are limited.