College Student Volunteer
Volunteers at Iowa Methodist, Blank Children's Hospital and Iowa Lutheran make a difference for our patients, families and staff. College students are on-boarded into our volunteer program three times per year - fall semester, spring semester and summer (must commit to 10 weeks during summer).
College students volunteering during the school year need to meet the following requirements:
- Currently enrolled in college.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Willing to commit to volunteering for a minimum of 2 to 4 hours once per week.
- Must volunteer for two semesters (Example: summer and fall, fall and spring, spring and summer).
- Summer volunteering college students must be available to commit to 10-weeks of the summer.
- Must complete an application, health screening, attend an orientation/placement meeting and provide references.
- Must clear a criminal background check.
College Volunteer Opportunities
Methodist West Hospital
The college summer program is full and Methodist West Hospital will not be accepting applications. Thank you.
Iowa Methodist Medical Center and Blank Children's Hospital
Summer placements for college volunteers have reached capacity. Please check back in early fall for new opportunities.
Iowa Lutheran Hospital
Applications are no longer being excepted for the summer ED program. Please check back in the fall for future opportunities.