College Student Volunteer
Volunteers at Iowa Methodist, Blank Children's Hospital and Iowa Lutheran make a difference for our patients, families and staff. College students are on-boarded into our volunteer program three times per year - fall semester, spring semester and summer (must commit to 10 weeks during summer).
College students volunteering during the school year need to meet the following requirements:
- Currently enrolled in college.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Willing to commit to volunteering for a minimum of 2 to 4 hours once per week.
- Must volunteer for two semesters (Example: summer and fall, fall and spring, spring and summer).
- Summer volunteering college students must be available to commit to 10-weeks of the summer.
- Must complete an application, health screening, attend an orientation/placement meeting and provide references.
- Must clear a criminal background check.
College Volunteer Opportunities
Iowa Methodist Medical Center and Blank Children's Hospital
The application process for Spring Semester 2016 is now closed.
You may check back to this page mid-March 2016 for summer 2016 opportunities.
Methodist West Hospital
For opportunities at Methodist West, please email Pat Howlett at email@example.com.
Iowa Lutheran Hospital
Applications are now being accepted for the 2016 Emergency and Transitional Care Unit Summer College Program. Students must be able to make a 10 week commitment to be considered. The deadline for applications is March 7, 2016. Interviews will begin the following week of March 13, 2016. Please complete the form to the left to request an application packet.