College Student Volunteer
Volunteers at Iowa Methodist, Blank Children's Hospital and Iowa Lutheran make a difference for our patients, families and staff. College students are on-boarded into our volunteer program three times per year - fall semester, spring semester and summer (must commit to 10 weeks during summer).
College students volunteering during the school year need to meet the following requirements:
- Currently enrolled in college.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Willing to commit to volunteering for a minimum of 2 to 4 hours once per week.
- Must volunteer for two semesters (Example: summer and fall, fall and spring, spring and summer).
- Summer volunteering college students must be available to commit to 10-weeks of the summer.
- Must complete an application, health screening, attend an orientation/placement meeting and provide references.
- Must clear a criminal background check.
College Volunteer Opportunities
Methodist West Hospital
Applications are being accepted for volunteer opportunities in our Emergency Department. The volunteer shifts are in the evenings from 4-7 or 7-10.
Iowa Methodist Medical Center and Blank Children's Hospital
The program has reached capacity for the 2016 fall semester on-boarding session. Next on-boarding opportunities will begin January 2017.
Iowa Lutheran Hospital
Applications are now being accepted for the College Volunteer Program at Iowa Lutheran Hospital for the Fall and Spring semesters. Available shifts are from 11am-2pm, 2pm-5pm, 5pm-8pm, and 8pm-11pm each day of the week.