College Student Volunteer
Volunteers at Iowa Methodist, Blank Children's Hospital and Iowa Lutheran make a difference for our patients, families and staff. College students are on-boarded into our volunteer program three times per year - fall semester, spring semester and summer (must commit to 10 weeks during summer).
College students volunteering during the school year need to meet the following requirements:
- Currently enrolled in college.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Willing to commit to volunteering for a minimum of 2 to 4 hours once per week.
- Must volunteer for two semesters (Example: summer and fall, fall and spring, spring and summer).
- Summer volunteering college students must be available to commit to 10-weeks of the summer. Placements start on June 2. Please see the form on the left sidebar to request more information.
- Must complete an application, health screening, attend an orientation/placement meeting and provide references.
- Must clear a criminal background check.
Iowa Lutheran Hospital: College Volunteer Opportunities:
After having a great response from students, our application process is now closed for Summer 2014.
Iowa Methodist Medical Center and Blank Children's Hospital:
The Summer College Volunteer application process is now closed. Next college placements will be for the fall 2014 semester. Please check back mid- August for more information.