College Student Volunteer
Volunteers at Iowa Methodist, Blank Children's Hospital and Iowa Lutheran make a difference for our patients, families and staff. College students are on-boarded into our volunteer program three times per year - fall semester, spring semester and summer (must commit to 10 weeks during summer).
College students volunteering during the school year need to meet the following requirements:
- Currently enrolled in college.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Willing to commit to volunteering for a minimum of 2 to 4 hours once per week.
- Must volunteer for two semesters (Example: summer and fall, fall and spring, spring and summer).
- Summer volunteering college students must be available to commit to 10-weeks of the summer.
- Must complete an application, health screening, attend an orientation/placement meeting and provide references.
- Must clear a criminal background check.
College Volunteer Opportunities
Methodist West Hospital
Applications are being accepted for volunteer opportunities in our Emergency Department. The volunteer shifts are in the evenings from 4-7 or 7-10.
Iowa Methodist Medical Center and Blank Children's Hospital
To apply, please click here. Please note, in order to become a volunteer:
- Must be able to commit to the academic school year 2016-17.
- Must be able to volunteer 2-4 hours one time per week.
- Must give a minimum of 50 hours before recommendations/references can be given.
Iowa Lutheran Hospital
Applications are now being accepted for the College Volunteer Program at Iowa Lutheran Hospital for the Fall and Spring semesters. Available shifts are from 11am-2pm, 2pm-5pm, 5pm-8pm, and 8pm-11pm each day of the week.