College Student Volunteer
Volunteers at Iowa Methodist, Blank Children's Hospital and Iowa Lutheran make a difference for our patients, families and staff. College students are on-boarded into our volunteer program three times per year - fall semester, spring semester and summer (must commit to 10 weeks during summer).
College students volunteering during the school year need to meet the following requirements:
- Currently enrolled in college.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Willing to commit to volunteering for a minimum of 2 to 4 hours once per week.
- Must volunteer for two semesters (Example: summer and fall, fall and spring, spring and summer).
- Summer volunteering college students must be available to commit to 10-weeks of the summer.
- Must complete an application, health screening, attend an orientation/placement meeting and provide references.
- Must clear a criminal background check.
Iowa Lutheran Hospital: College Volunteer Opportunities
The applications for Fall 2014 are now closed. Applications for Summer 2015, will open March 9. Please check back.
Iowa Methodist Medical Center and Blank Children's Hospital
The applications for Fall 2014 are now closed. Applications for Spring 2015 will open December 15. Please check back.