College Student Volunteer
Volunteers at Iowa Methodist, Methodist West, Blank Children's Hospital and Iowa Lutheran make a difference for our patients, families and staff. College volunteers must commit to two semesters or 6 months. We no longer do Summer only placements.
College student volunteers need to meet the following requirements:
- Currently enrolled in college.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Willing to commit to volunteering one shift, for a minimum of 2 to 4 hours once per week.
- Must volunteer for two semesters or six months (Example: summer and fall, fall and spring, spring and summer).
- Must complete an application, health screening, attend an orientation/placement meeting and provide references.
- Must clear a criminal background check.
College Volunteer Opportunities
Methodist West Hospital
Thank you for your interest in volunteering but we are not taking applications at this time. All opportunities have been filled. Please check back in January 2019 for opportunities to volunteer at Methodist West Hospital.
Iowa Methodist Medical Center and Blank Children's Hospital
Thank you for your interest in volunteering but we are not taking applications at this time. All opportunities have been filled. Please check back in January 2019 for opportunities to volunteer with Iowa Methodist or Blank Children's Hospital.
Iowa Lutheran Hospital
We are accepting college applications for Iowa Lutheran Hospital. Volunteer shifts for college students vary in departments, weekdays, and hours. College volunteers must commit to one shift per week and two semesters or 6 months. If interested in volunteering at Iowa Lutheran, please complete the application: Apply Here!