College Student Volunteer
Volunteers at Iowa Methodist, Blank Children's Hospital and Iowa Lutheran make a difference for our patients, families and staff. College students are on-boarded into our volunteer program three times per year - fall semester, spring semester and summer (must commit to 10 weeks during summer).
College students volunteering during the school year need to meet the following requirements:
- Currently enrolled in college.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Willing to commit to volunteering for a minimum of 2 to 4 hours once per week.
- Must volunteer for two semesters (Example: summer and fall, fall and spring, spring and summer).
- Summer volunteering college students must be available to commit to 10-weeks of the summer.
- Must complete an application, health screening, attend an orientation/placement meeting and provide references.
- Must clear a criminal background check.
College Volunteer Opportunities
Methodist West Hospital
The program is filled at this time and no longer accepting applications. Thank you.
Iowa Methodist Medical Center and Blank Children's Hospital
The program has reached capacity for the 2016 fall semester on-boarding session. Next on-boarding opportunities will begin January 2017.
Iowa Lutheran Hospital
We are no longer taking applications for the 2016 – 17 Academic Year Volunteer Program. Please check back in the spring if you have interest in the Summer College ED Volunteer Program.