Purpose & Intended Audience:
To provide physicians, nurses and paramedic personnel the current concepts in emergency cardiac care as defined by the American Heart Association (AHA).
Upon completion, you should be able to:
- Recognize and initiate early management of peri-arrest conditions that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing BLS care, including prioritizing chest compressions and integrating automated external defibrillator (AED) use.
- Recognize and manage respiratory and/or cardiac arrest until termination of resuscitation or transfer of care, including immediate post-cardiac arrest care.
- Recognize and initiate early management of Acute Coronary Syndrome, including appropriate disposition.
- Demonstrate effective communication as a member or leader of a resuscitation team and recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance.
- Complete the written exam with a score of 84% or higher
Successful completion of the pre-assessment with 70% or higher. See page ii of the ACLS Provider Manual to access the Student Website. This pre-assessment must be returned at least two weeks prior to the course to guarantee your seat in the course. Confirmation information will be sent after receipt of the pre-assessment.
Day 1 (includes 2 - 15 minute breaks)
8:30 The Science of Resuscitation & Systematic Approach
9:15 Airway Management & BLS Stations
11:00 Team Dynamics & Megacode
11:30 Lunch (on own)
12:15 Technology Review
12:30 Cardiac Arrest, Asystole & PEA
3:15 Tachycardia, Stable & Unstable
Day 2 (includes 2 - 15 minute breaks)
8:30 Acute Coronary Syndrome
9:00 Acute Stroke
9:45 Immediate Post Cardiac Arrest Care
10:40 Megacode Practice
12:00 Lunch (on own)
12:45 Megacode Testing
2:30 Written Examination
3:30 Course Evaluation/Dismiss
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Instructors
$200 includes ACLS Manual - does not include lunch
The registration fee minus $85 is refundable up to 5 working days prior to the program. After that time, no refund is available.
UnityPoint Health - Des Moines reserves the right to cancel the program due to insufficient enrollment. If this occurs, participant's registration fee will be refunded.
Course cancelled due to adverse weather conditions will be rescheduled. Participants will be granted a refund if there is a conflict with the new date.
Continuing Education Credit
CEU: Approved for 1.43 CEU’s by the Iowa Board of Nursing Provider #31 UnityPoint Health-Des Moines.
CEH: Approved for 9.75 credit hours by Continu-ing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services (CECBEMS). An email notice will be sent after the course to claim credits online.
CME: UnityPoint Health-Des Moines is accredited by the Iowa Medical Society to provide continu-ing medical education for physicians.
UnityPoint Health-Des Moines designates this live activity for a maximum of 11.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.