New location: 6520 SE 14th St. Des Moines, Iowa 50320
UnityPoint Clinic Family Medicine - Southglen Phone: 515-953-1500
UnityPoint Clinic Family Medicine - Southglen Fax: 515-953-2136
UnityPoint Clinic Urgent Care - Southglen Phone: 515-256-4242
UnityPoint Clinic Urgent Care - Southglen Fax: 515-953-2137
Recipient of Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH), the highest recognition granted by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
* Hours are subject to change during major holidays, please call to confirm hours.
We understand that illnesses and injuries don't always happen during regular business hours, and it's not always something you can be prepared ahead of time. Our Urgent Care locations treat injuries and illnesses that require a health care provider's attention but are not life-threatening. Injuries and illnesses we treat include, but are not limited to:
- Cough, cold, flu and sore throat
- Ear ache, ear pain and ear infections
- Eye problem
- Upper respiratory infection
- Skin infection, rash, skin lump, bump or growth
- Minor cuts
- Minor sport injury and strain
- Muscle ache and sprain
- Sunburn or other minor burns
- Nausea, dizziness, vomiting
- Fever without convulsion (uncontrollable shaking)
- Neck or back pain
- Foot problems
- Urinary tract Infection and/or Yeast Infection
Insurance co-payments are usually lower for Urgent Care visits than for emergency room visits, so using a walk-in clinic provides convenient and cost-effective services.