What to Expect at Your Child's First Visit
Thank you for choosing UnityPoint Pediatric Cardiology!
We are looking forward to meeting and working with you to ensure that you receive the best outcome for your child.
Prior to your child’s appointment, please fill out the following health history form to the best of your ability. This health history form is very important for your child’s visit. The information provided will help Dr. Bhurtel better understand and tend to your child’s needs.
Please plan for up to three hours for your first visit depending on your child's age and activity level.
- During your child’s visit, please check in at our clinic to meet Dr. Bhurtel.
- After this initial meeting, a series of tests may need to be completed.
- A quick EKG will be performed at every visit, unless otherwise indicated.
- To eliminate multiple visits to the office, usually an ECHO will also be completed during the first appointment. A member of our staff will walk you over to the hospital where it will be performed.
- Please note the ECHO (an ultrasound of the heart) with a child could take up to 1.5 hours, depending on the activity of your child.
- We suggest bringing a favorite DVD/activity, blanket, stuffed animal and a snack to help your child remain calm during the test.
- After testing, you will return to meet with Dr. Bhurtel to review your results and identify a care plan.
If any questions arise prior to your child’s appointment please do not hesitate to call our office.