Smoking leads to a number of health problems, including heart
disease, lung cancer, emphysema and many others. All of these add up to
high healthcare costs for you and your employees.
Having a tobacco-free workplace can provide many benefits for both your business and employees:*
- Tobacco users employed at workplaces with a tobacco-free policy are
38% more likely to quit smoking and could save employers an estimated
$960 per worker in excess illness costs each year.
- Tobacco-free workplace policies can enhance productivity by reducing
the affects of second-hand smoke on non-smokers and reducing excess
absenteeism among workers.
- Tobacco-free workplace policies have been proven to improve worker morale and health.
- Medical costs and/or insurance premiums can be reduced if your facility is tobacco free.
St. Luke's Work Well Solutions can provide smoking cessation
prescriptions for your employees onsite at your company. We've also
partnered with Area Substance Abuse Council (ASAC) to provide tobacco cessation classes and support for your employees.
For more information call (319) 369-8154.
* Resource: COMMIT Coalition of Iowa