Providing financial assistance for cancer patients. When a person is diagnosed with cancer there can be so much focus on the medical aspect of the disease, oftentimes the emotional, spiritual and even financial aspects can be overlooked. We believe this supportive care is equally important to a person's recovery. And that's why we developed the Spirit Fund.
The Spirit Fund provides assistance for men and women diagnosed with cancer who are in financial need. The fund provides money for services that are in support of an individual's ongoing care.
What does the Spirit Fund pay for?
The Spirit Fund is available to assist in paying for supportive services such as:
- Cancer supportive supplies - camisoles, hats, turbans, wigs, swimwear
- Supportive services - lymphedema treatments, with a physician order
- Nutritional consultations and/or treatment, with a physician order
- Exercise or physical therapy consultations and/or treatment, with a physician order
- Other services deemed appropriate by the Spirit Fund Committee
The Spirit Fund is not able to provide funds for:
Eligibility for assistance from the Spirit Fund is based partially on income and is evaluated annually. The Spirit Fund is open to individuals with a cancer diagnosis receiving treatment and residing in eastern Iowa.
To learn more or to find out if you qualify, contact the Spirit Fund Coordinator at (319) 369-7116.