Next Steps Program
Ongoing support for weight management
Eighty to 95% of people who lose a significant amount of weight will gain it back with out participating in an ongoing support program. Health Promotion offers the Next Steps program to anyone who has successfully completed a weight loss program at UnityPoint Health.
Next Steps provides support, motivation and accountability to help you continue to achieve weight maintenance. Our program features topic-focused support sessions, private weigh-ins and support from our weight loss experts. We encourage you to connect with and learn from our skilled staff and other patients.
During Next Steps you can:
- Attend weekly support sessions to learn about ways you can build lasting motivation and overcome the biggest challenges to your exercise and nutrition success
- Learn strategies, ask questions and the receive support you need during your journey
- Participate in activities that help you discover new ways to stay motivated, cope with physical changes and incorporate lifestyle changes into your everyday life
Next Steps Sessions
- Tuesdays at 5 pm, weigh-ins start at 4:30 pm
- Wednesdays at Noon, weigh-ins start at 11:30 am
- Tuesdays from 5 to 5:30 pm
- Wednesdays from 11:30 am to Noon
- Fridays from 11:30 am to Noon
For more information about the Next Steps program, call 319/363-3565.