UnityPoint Clinic - Neurosurgery
Provides specialty brain and spine services including:
- Craniotomy for trauma & brain tumors
- Acute epidural/subdural/intracranial hemorrhage
- Transsphenoidal removal of pituitary tumors
- Skull fracture treatment and shunting
As a designated Wellmark Blue Distinction Center Plus for spine surgery, St. Luke's is known as the best surgery hospital, caring for more surgery patients than any other area hospital. Spinal surgeries include:
- Cervical and spine degenerative disorders (herniated discs, stenosis)
- Peripheral nerve surgery
UnityPoint Clinic - Neurosurgery is located on the 5th floor of
St. Luke's Hospital.
A UnityPoint Health doctor's referral is needed for a patient's visit. To
schedule, please call (319) 369-7085.
About Dr. Hlavin
Dr. Hlavin is certified in Neurological Surgery and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
She is a native of Ohio and earned her medical degree from Case Western
Reserve School in Cleveland. She has been practicing neurosurgery for
nearly 30 years.