School of Medical Laboratory Science
Mission: To ensure a continuous supply of qualified medical laboratory scientists/medical technologists and to provide an educational environment for all staff.
The approved Medical Laboratory Science/Medical Technology Program is supported by St. Luke's Hospital. The professional growth of these individuals is stimulated by department and hospital-wide in-service programs, along with encouraged attendance at local, regional and national conferences.
Goals of the Program
- To provide an educational program in accordance with standards established by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences.
- To maintain a curriculum and standards of academic education consistent with criteria acceptable for a college/university program culminating in a baccalaureate degree.
- To assure the student has the basic laboratory theory and understanding necessary to correctly perform procedures, recognize valid data/results and the ability to correlate and correctly interpret results including follow-up procedures indicated by abnormal results.
- To promote standards of conduct and ethics by recognition of and personal commitment to principles of professionalism, communication, continuing education, patient concern and desirable interpersonal relationships with co-workers.
- To ensure a continuous supply of qualified Medical Laboratory Scientists/Medical Technologists in order to provide needed healthcare services locally and nationally.
The program is approved by the:
National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)
5600 N River Rd
Rosemont, IL 60018
Phone: (773) 714-8880
Fax: (773) 714-8886
On the web: http://www.naacls.org/