St. Luke’s and Mount Mercy University RN to BSN Program
View the Keech Scholarship Application
In 2019, St. Luke’s Hospital and Mount Mercy University will offer an expedited RN to BSN accelerated curriculum. With this partnership, RN to BSN students are able to complete the 21 nursing credit hours required by Mount Mercy University’s RN to BSN Program in less than one year. Nursing classes are taught at Mount Mercy University.
The Keech Scholarship, managed by St. Luke’s Foundation, offsets the expenses for the 21 nursing credit hours. The scholarship’s approximate value is $8,060 per student ($7,560 for tuition and $500 for books).
In addition to the nursing credit hours, Mount Mercy University will require the student to complete core classes to achieve their BSN Degree. Depending on each student’s academic history, this could be a minimum of 9 credit hours to as many as 27. Core courses will be the financial responsibility of the student. The student is encouraged to utilize the St. Luke’s Hospital Tuition Reimbursement Program and apply to St. Luke’s Foundation Scholarship Program (application timeline is announced annually in January).
To Be Eligible For The Keech Scholarship You Must:
- Be currently employed at an eligible St. Luke’s Hospital-Based Department.
- Have 12 months of nursing experience (LPN/RN) at time of the application process. Example: Nurse began employment as an RN in December 2017; Nurse would be eligible to apply for the Keech Scholarship in January 2019.
- Be accepted to Mount Mercy University’s BSN Program.
- Continue to work in an eligible St. Luke’s Hospital-Based Department for three years following the graduation of a BSN Degree.
- October 1, 2018 at 3 p.m. - Applications are due to St. Luke’s Foundation
- Mid-November 2018 – Scholarship Selection Committee will determine recipients
- December 1, 2018 – RETENTION AGREEMENT is due back to Brenda Oehler
- January 2, 2019 – CLASSES BEGIN!
If you have questions regarding the program or the application process, please notify:
- Brenda Oehler, Director of Nursing Operations (319-369-7851)
- Rebecca Moore, Practice Development Coordinator (319-369-7007)
- Tonya Arnold, Director of Grants and Administration (319-369-7572)