2018 Keech Scholarship Program
2017-2018 Keech Scholarship Application
In 2018, St. Luke's Hospital and Mount Mercy University will offer an on-site expedited RN to BSN accelerated curriculum. With this partnership, RN to BSN students are able to complete the 21 nursing credit hours required by Mount Mercy University's RN to BSN Program in less than one year. Nursing classes are taught on-site at St. Luke's Hospital. Class size is limited to 10 students.
The Keech Scholarship, managed by St. Luke's Foundation, offsets the expenses for the 21 nursing credit hours for 10 deserving eligible students (approximately $7,560 per student).
In addition to the nursing credit hours, Mount Mercy University will require the student to complete core classes to achieve their degree. Depending on each student's academic history, this could be a minimum of nine credit hours to as many as 27. These core courses will be taught on Mount Mercy's campus and not at St. Luke's Hospital. Core courses will be the financial responsibility of the student, with St. Luke's Hospital tuition reimbursement and St. Luke's Foundation scholarships available to pursue.
To Be Eligible For The Keech Scholarship You Must:
- Be currently employed at an eligible St. Luke's Hospital-based Department. Please see page 14 in the application for a list of eligible and in-eligible departments.
- Be accepted to Mount Mercy University's BSN Program.
- Continue to work in an eligible St. Luke's Hospital-based Department for two years following the completion/graduation of a BSN Degree.
2017 - 2018 Timeline
- October 2, 2017 at 3 p.m. - Applications are due to St. Luke's Foundation
- Week of November 13, 2017 – Scholarship Selection Committee will determine scholarship recipients
- December 1, 2017 – RETENTION AGREEMENT is due back to Rebecca Moore
- January 2, 2018 – CLASSES BEGIN!