Discounts & Financial Assistance
To find out if you qualify for discounts or financial assistance please contact St. Luke's Financial Counselors at (319) 369-7513.
St. Luke's defines the uninsured patient as:
- Not insured
- Not eligible for benefits from HMO or other managed care plan
- Not eligible for government programs (Medicare/Medicaid)
- Have household income less than ten times Federal Poverty Guidelines
St. Luke's defines the uninsured or underinsured patients that are eligible for financial assistance and charity care as:
- Underinsured/uninsured patients
- Financially needy and has a household income less than four times the Federal Poverty Income Guideline (FPIG)
- Individuals seeking medically necessary healthcare
- Individuals who complete a Financial Information Application (FIA) and support documentation (i.e. 1040, bank statements). Please download or call (319) 369-7513 for an application.
St. Luke's uninsured/underinsured financial assistance policies are as follows:
- Full write-off for those whose household income is less than or equal to 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Sliding scale write-offs for those with household income between two and four times Federal Poverty Guidelines
St. Luke's prompt pay discounts for the uninsured for medically necessary procedures:
- 20% discount if paid in full with 60 days of service
- 10% discount if paid in full within six months of service plus timely payments
UnityPoint Health provides patient care to a growing number of uninsured and underinsured patients. Patients are responsible for a greater burden of their health care costs through growing out-of-pocket deductibles that many health insurance plans, including Medicare, have implemented. And many patients lack the financial resources to secure health insurance. Accordingly, UnityPoint Health has developed financial policies to seek fair and equitable payment from patients based on their ability to pay. At the same time, UnityPoint Health assists patients who cannot reasonably pay for some or all of the care they receive.
Please click on the links below to download the UnityPoint Health plain language summary, financial assistance policy, financial assistance application and billing collections policy.