Discounts & Financial Assistance
To find out if you qualify for discounts or financial assistance please contact St. Luke's Financial Counselors at (319) 369-7513.
Register for free text relay service for people with hearing loss or speech disability.
St. Luke's defines the uninsured patient as:
- Not insured
- Not eligible for benefits from HMO or other managed care plan
- Not eligible for government programs (Medicare/Medicaid)
- Have household income less than ten times Federal Poverty Guidelines
St. Luke's defines the uninsured or underinsured patients that are eligible for financial assistance and charity care as:
- Underinsured/uninsured patients
- Financially needy and has a household income less than four times the Federal Poverty Income Guideline (FPIG)
- Individuals seeking medically necessary healthcare
- Individuals who complete a Financial Information Application (FIA) and support documentation (i.e. 1040, bank statements). Please download or call (319) 369-7513 for an application.
St. Luke's uninsured/underinsured financial assistance policies are as follows:
- Full write-off for those whose household income is less than or equal to 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Sliding scale write-offs for those with household income between two and four times Federal Poverty Guidelines
St. Luke's prompt pay discounts for the uninsured for medically necessary procedures:
- 20% discount if paid in full with 60 days of service
- 10% discount if paid in full within six months of service plus timely payments
Read St. Luke's complete Financial Assistance policy.
Download St. Luke's Financial Assistance application.