UnityPoint Health – St. Luke’s Hospital is your partner in heart health. That’s why we offer Heart Check to help detect signs of heart disease and stroke. Heart disease and stroke risk often have no signs or symptoms. Heart Check is a series of five tests to assess heart, vascular and stroke health.
To schedule an appointment at St. Luke's, call (319) 369-8129.
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) – This test measures the electrical activity of the heartbeat.
- Echocardiogram (ECHO) – Testing assesses the overall function of the heart muscles and heart valves, and provides information about the presence of many types of heart disease.
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm test – This condition generally has no symptoms but can be detected with an ultrasound screening.
- Carotid artery ultrasound – This screening can tell whether plaque has narrowed on one or both of the arteries leading to the brain, which could increase stroke risk.
- Ankle-Brachial Index test for Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) – This is a circulatory problem in which blood flow to the arms and legs is reduced due to narrowing of the arteries.
The cost for all five tests plus a consultation with a heart care expert is $195. A comprehensive blood test is also available for $40. Heart Check is open to anyone concerned about their heart health. All tests are performed during one appointment.
Upcoming 2018 Heart Check screening dates at St. Luke's Hospital include:
- February 6
- March 6
- April 3
- April 11
- May 1
- September 4
- October 2
- November 6
- December 4
Email for more information or to request a date.