Support Child Life
The Child Life program at Blank Children's Hospital is made possible because of generous community support. The service is not paid for by insurance, so we rely on the support of individuals, organizations and others in the community to help us provide this valuable and important service for patients and families.
Our main fundraiser to support the Child Life program is the Festival of Trees and Lights event, held every year during Thanksgiving weekend. The event is planned and coordinated by our UnityPoint Health - Des Moines Foundation and volunteers in the community.
There are many ways you can help support the Child Life program:
- Support the Festival of Trees and Lights event by attending, sponsoring or volunteering your time.
- Make a donation to the Child Life department.
- Donate toys, books, games or other items found on our Wish List.
- Do a group project to provide crafts, games or activities for patients. Learn more about group projects.
- Volunteer in the Playroom. There are guidelines established for volunteers at the hospital. Learn more about becoming a volunteer.
We are proud to have the support of our community to offer Child Life services to patients and families at Blank Children's Hospital.