Neonatology is the specialty of caring for newborns who may have complications from premature birth or other medical conditions. The neonatology team at Blank Children's Hospital is committed to ensuring your baby receives comprehensive, state-of-the-art, family-centered care around the clock. Our team is made up of experienced professionals, many of whom have worked together for years. The team includes neonatologists, neonatal nurse practitioners, nurses, social workers, respiratory therapists, occupational and physical therapists, and other medical specialists.
The Blank Children's Variety Neonatal Intensive Care Nursery (NICU) is a Regional Level IIIB nursery, offering the latest in technology and specialized care.
- Samir Alabsi, MD - Medical Director
- Rodrigo Azuero, MD
- Holley Bzdega, MD
- Susan Harrell, MD
- K. Alanna Rice, MD
- Bradley Riley, MD
- Gary Yuille, MD
- Kim Burrier, MSN, ARNP, NNP
- Wendy Gradwell, MSN, ARNP, NNP
- Lynsie Jones, MSN, NNP
- Teresa Layland, MSN, ARNP, NNP
- Megan Overton, MSN, ARNP, NNP
- Barbara Pappas, MSN, ARNP, NNP
- Leslie Soyer, MSN, ARNP, NNP
- Kellie Steinick, MSN, ARNP, NNP
- Lisa Williamson, MSN, ARNP, NNP
- Becca Willson, MSN, ARNP, NNP
In addition to providing care in the Blank Children's NICU, our providers offer coverage and support for our adult hospitals in the Maternity Centers. Those include Iowa Methodist Medical Center, Iowa Lutheran Hospital and Methodist West Hospital.