Giving Toys and Gifts
Beyond donations, Blank Children's Hospital has a huge need for material items - like new toys, games, crafts, crayons, bubbles, videos, books, cards or other items. Whether it's a company doing a toy drive or a child donating his/her birthday presents to Blank Children's Hospital, we welcome in-kind donations throughout the year.
Please call Community Relations at 515-241-6152 to find out our current needs.
Please remember the following guidelines when planning to donate toys and gifts:
- We can only accept new toys. Used toys can be donated to the The Not New Shop, which benefits Iowa Lutheran Hospital.
- We do not accept stuffed animals of any kind (new or used) due to infection control concerns.
- Gifts must be latex free (including duct tape)
- Gifts must be non-violent
- We cannot take candy or food
- Individuals and groups can sign up for a month to donate blankets to ensure we have an appropriate number of blankets year-round. Inpatient blankets should be 5' x 5' and NICU blankets should be 3' x 3'. Call 515-241-6152 to sign up.
View more Frequently Asked Questions about Giving.
Our Wish Lists
We have compiled a few lists that outline the items needed for Child Life, Pediatric Therapy and the NICU – all very important programs at Blank Children's. These Wish Lists are meant to help provide some guidance if you'd like to know what we need most as well as items we currently have enough of.
Delivering Your Donation
Donations can be dropped off at the Blank Children's Hospital Administration office, Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
We request that a Donor Form be completed with each delivery. This can be done in advance through our online form or by downloading and completing a hard copy form to accompany your donation. This form may also be completed at the time of your donation/delivery.
Please know that due to patient confidentiality and infection control, donors are unable to deliver the items directly to patients.
Mailing Your Donation
Donations can always be mailed to Blank Children's Hospital at the address below. Be sure to include your Donor Form!
Blank Children's Hospital
Attn: Child Life
1200 Pleasant Street
Des Moines, IA 50309