Purpose & Intended Audience
The Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course was developed by the Emergency Nurses Association. It is designed to provide core-level trauma knowledge and psychomotor skills associated with the delivery of professional nursing care to the trauma patient. The content is presented through lectures and psychomotor skills stations. This course is intended for licensed registered nurses who provide emergency care to pediatric patients.
ENPC is a two day course.
At the completion of this program, the participant should be able to:
- Describe the characteristics of life-threatening illness and injury in children.
- Identify the anatomic and physiologic characteristics of children as a basis for signs and symptoms.
- Identify the most frequent causes of illness or injury in children.
- Describe the assessment of pediatric patients with illness or injury.
- Plan the specific interventions needed to manage the pediatric patient with illness or injury.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of nursing interventions related to patient outcomes.
- Identify health promotion strategies related to the pediatric population.
- Identify misconceptions regarding the assessment and treatment of pain in pediatric patients in the emergency department.
- Describe the four phases of emergency management.
Continuing Education Credits
ENPC is a two day course. This program has been approved for 15.58 Contact Hours from the Emergency Nurses Association. The Emergency Nurses Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the ANCC. No partial credit will be given.
The Emergency Nurses Association will issue a card verifying the successful completion of the ENPC course. Expiration of the verification will occur four years from the date of issue.
This course is endorsed by the Emergency Nurses Association with faculty comprised of ENPC instructors from Blank Children's Hospital.
- Day 1: Class meets from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Day 2: Class meets from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Blank Children's Hospital
Center for Advocacy and Outreach
Anna Blank Conference Room 2, Lower Level of the Anna Blank Building
1200 Pleasant Street
Des Moines, IA 50309
Blank Children's Hospital reserves the right to cancel the program due to insufficient enrollment or inclement weather. In this event, you will be notified and your entire registration fee refunded.
Due to the high demand for this course, a processing fee of $30 plus the cost of the manual will be retained for cancellations less than 5 business days prior to the course.
Terry Neal at Terry.Neal@unitypoint.org or at 515.241.6611
ENPC is a two-day course, the course dates reflect the first day of the class only. When you register, you are registered for both days even though only one day is shown. For example, when you register for the 4/18/18 class - the course is held April 18 and 19.
ENA Scholarship recipients
Managers please send scholarship information form to Joni Thornton at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please have your participant register "pay by mail" and the difference, after applying the scholarship money, will be invoiced to your facility.