Volunteer at Jones Regional Medical Center
The Greatest Gift You Can Give!
Our volunteer program offers men and women, ages 14 and up, a tremendous variety of opportunities for service to our hospital. Whether you are a student volunteen or an adult volunteer, you will gain the satisfaction of helping others along with wonderful support from our staff.
We have an active volunteer program with more than 60 volunteers of all ages from across the JRMC service area, giving of their time and talent throughout the year. Some volunteer at particular times of the year, while others have a regular schedule each month. Assignments can be arranged on a schedule that suits you.
Volunteer opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Registering patients at physician specialty clinics
- Providing information and escorting patients and families to their appointments
- Assisting with wheelchair transports after procedures
- Baking cookies for patients and families
- Visiting with patients and offering them reading material
- Office work such as filing, mailings and counting inventory
- Helping with special events, such as health fairs and bike helmet giveaways
- Making phone calls for reminders of events
If you are interested in learning more about the Jones Regional Medical volunteer program, please contact Pamela Goodyear or Sheila Tjaden.
Pamela Goodyear, Volunteer & Community Development Associate
(319) 481-6326 or Email: Pamela.Goodyear@unitypoint.org
Sheila Tjaden, Director, Community Development
(319) 481-6118 or Email: Sheila.Tjaden@unitypoint.org