At Jones Regional Medical Center, we have many opportunities for our student Volunteens. From baking cookies, to playing games with patients, volunteering offers you a true opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our patients and to be connected to a healthcare environment to explore careers and learn new skills. Volunteering not only helps others...it helps you!
- Volunteering is fun and rewarding.
- Meet new people & make new friends.
- Explore careers in the healthcare field.
- Receive formal and informal recognition for a "job well-done!" Get personal satisfaction from helping others.
Students volunteens need to meet the following requirements:
- Be 14 to 19 years of age
- Willing to commit to volunteering for a minimum of 2 to 4 hours per week
Steps to becoming a volunteer:
- Have a desire to help and become a part of our health care team.
- Complete a volunteer application (including contact information for 3 personal references).
- Complete a simple health screening at no cost to you. A seasonal flu vaccine is required.
- Pass a criminal background and dependent adult/child abuse registry check.
- Attend a placement interview/orientation session.
- Complete necessary training.
If you are interested in learning more about the Jones Regional Medical Center Volunteen program, please contact Cali Beals or Sheila Tjaden.
Pam Goodyear, Volunteer & Community Development Associate
(319) 481-6326 or Email: Pamela.Goodyear@unitypoint.org
Sheila Tjaden, Director, Community Development
(319) 481-6118 or Email: Sheila.Tjaden@unitypoint.org