A hospitalist is a provider who specializes in caring for the patient while they are in the hospital. Hospitalists do not see patients outside of the hospital allowing them to give their complete attention to their patients in the hospital. Your family doctor has requested the services of the Jones Regional Medical Center's hospitalist team to provide your hospital care.
What are the advantages of being cared for by a hospitalist?
- Knowing their hospitalized patients are receiving expert care, family doctors can spend more uninterrupted time caring for their office-based patients.
- Hospitalists are easily accessible for questions and concerns from you or your family.
- Hospitalists know every specialist and department at Jones Regional Medical Center. This allows them to function efficiently in ordering tests and consulting other specialists quickly.
- Hospitalists assist you through a smooth and speedy recovery process by following up on tests and adjusting your treatment plan throughout the day.
- Hospitalists ensure you know the plan each day, the plan for your stay and educate you about your medical condition.
What to expect from the hospitalist team:
- While in the hospital, the hospitalist will supervise your care.
- The hospitalist and family doctor will communicate as needed throughout your hospital stay.
- The hospitalist will ensure a smooth transition back to your family doctor once you leave the hospital.
- If you do not have a family doctor, the hospitalist team will refer you to one for follow-up care once you leave the hospital.
- We may contact you after you leave the hospital to ensure all aspects of your follow-up care plan are in place and to answer any questions you may have.
- After discharge, your family doctor will receive information about your hospital stay. Follow-up with your family doctor is recommended in 1 - 2 weeks.
- If you need extended care, we offer Skilled Nursing to those who are eligible. We will assist you in reaching your highest potential for health and independence prior to going home.